Every Thanksgiving, we go around the table and each person says what he or she is thankful for. This year was no different…Kathleen said she was thankful for her family and friends; Lucy was thankful for her adventures in the past, present and future; and Bucky was thankful for his family who would go with him on his adventures. I said I was thankful for Skype. For those of you who don’t know,
Skype is a wonderful tool that allows anyone who signs up to use his or her computer in conjunction with the internet to talk to family and friends who also have Skype…for free. With a webcam, one can even talk face-to-face to the person at the other end as long as he or she also has a webcam.
My mom has Skype so we usually see and talk to each other every day. The girls show her the projects they are working on and even the outfits they are wearing. Skype is such a big part of our daily lives that I have even incorporated it into French language. See lesson below...
Present: Je skype ma maman souvent. (I skype my mother often.)
Past: J’ai skype ma maman hier. (I skyped my mother yesterday.)
Future: Je vais skyper ma maman demain. (I will skype my mother tomorrow).
I appreciate Skype for making Mt. Pleasant (and other places!) not seem so far far away. Enjoy from jeanwall40.

I miss you Mom!!
No comments:
Post a Comment