Well, the snow has melted…it was beautiful for a few days, but then we all started to feel a bit claustrophobic. The girls’ schools were closed and the roads were treacherous so we were pretty much house-bound for about five days. Luckily, Kathleen’s school (which is right up the road and we walk to it!) opened because she was bored with her family after the first day or two! She is really loving school which is so wonderful for us all!
Lucie gave it her best at the local middle school, but after talking to some neighbors and doing a bit more research, we decided to take her out of Mont Sauvy and enroll her in a smaller school in the cute town of Chateaurenard. The school, St. Joseph, is run by the Catholic Church and there are only 80 kids in Lucie’s grade and just 20 in each of her classes. Because of its small size, they are able to offer Lucie more personalized attention which I think will be beneficial for her as she tackles 7th grade in French! Her schedule will be pretty much the same – school starts at 8am and ends at 4:20pm with an hour and a half for lunch – but she will be taking the bus (one of those big fancy tour ones!) to and from school every day and it picks her up at 7am! So, she is back to getting up early – not her favorite thing. She was so eager to change schools though that she didn’t even complain about the need to get up at such an early hour for St. Joseph. We will see how long that lasts!
Stay tuned for how things go, but I am optimistic that news will be positive. Change is good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am hoping school goes well for Lucy (I spell it the old way). It's good to be challenged. I so wish I could speak French; could you adopt me?? xxx.
ReplyDelete