Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Sexton-Berger visit

In mid-June, Lisa Sexton and her husband, Doug Berger, came to visit us in Eygalieres with their two daughters, Ella and Galen. The plans were put together at the last minute, while the Sexton Berger family traveled through Europe on their scheduled Disney Cruise and other European adventures. They had originally planned to spend their last few days of their trip in Paris, but I suggested they head down to Provence, so they canceled their hotel reservations in the City of Lights and bought TGV tickets to Avignon. I picked them up at the train station, and we all crammed into our little car to head to Eygalieres. It was fun to show them a bit of Provence, and I know they loved it. Lisa clicked away with her camera, taking tons of photos, but I was not as diligent so I have fewer to share. Luckily, she posted all of her pictures on Facebook so we definitely have the details of the visit documented! We spent some time in St. Remy and visited the market there on Wednesday morning. Lucie and Kathleen had a dress rehearsal for their dance spectacle on Wednesday afternoon and since Ella and Galen are also dancers, they went to watch! We talked lots about CBT, Charleston and our life in France. We laughed a lot, shared some wonderful meals and made some really nice memories. We are so glad that they made the trip to visit us in Eygalieres and they are welcome back anytime!!


Lisa crammed into the back of the Ford Fiesta with Galen, Ella and multiple suitcases after I picked them all up at the Avignon TGV station...


Lisa and me at the top of vieux Eygalieres...


Bucky and Doug conquer the hill as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment