Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Bonjour!
For those of you who have or have ever had young children, you are most likely familiar with many Disney films including one of the Wall's family favorites, "Beauty and the Beast." As you may recall, in the opening scene, Belle leaves her quaint little house as the sun rises, then frolics through town bidding 'Bonjour' to everyone she sees. Well, I felt like Belle this morning...I didn't walk through town with a cranky, conceited guy like Gaston, but instead my sweet, handsome and dear friend, Tom Tossens. His parents left early for a day-trip to Lyon, so I had the pleasure of walking him to school. The birds were chirping as we left his house and stopped in at the boulangerie on the corner. Bonjour! Bonjour! He ordered his breakfast and the nice girl behind the counter put it on his tab and we left with a Bonne Journee! We then passed the pharmacy as the pharmacist was opening his shutters and shouted Bonjour! Bonjour! Stopping in at the other boulangerie to warm up and pay our friend, Isabelle, a visit, we said Bonjour! Bonjour! We continued our walk through town as Tom crunched on his warm pain au chocolat and I marveled at the simple beauty of Eygalieres. We passed the epicerie as a customer exited and said Bonjour! Bonjour! We even saw the librarian on her way to the bibilotheque (which is significant for "Beauty and the Beast" aficionados because Belle loves to read and frequnts the bibliotheque!) and she said Bonjour! Bonjour! We arrived at the school where a gaggle of kids waited at the gate for Tom. Bonjour! Bonjour! Bonjour! Bonjour! I left him there and headed home with a smile on my face. Quelle belle journee!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We love that movie as well! I can just picture you strolling through the town and all the friendly people. You really should have been singing!
ReplyDelete