Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Going to Germany

Yesterday, Lucie left for a 12-day trip to Germany. She will be staying with a German family in the northern town of Altenholz, and will be attending German school with about twenty of her classmates from Chateaurenard. Since she is taking German this year, she was invited to participate in an exchange program that Chateaurenard and the school in Altenholz has been doing for the past 30 years. She was really excited about the opportunity and was even more thrilled once she was contacted by Ina, her new German friend with whom she will be living for the next two weeks. Apparently, she and Ina have lots in common so they are looking forward to getting to know each other better. Ina is studying French and will be practicing her French with Lucie and Lucie will be practicing her German with Ina. I suspect that there will be some English spoken too!

As her mom, I was a little bit nervous about the trip, but Lucie was as cool as a cucumber. Bucky and I took her to the Marseille airport yesterday and once she saw Candice, Melissa and Alex, she was over us! After getting her checked in and settled with the group, we hugged her goodbye, making her promise to text and email us with regular updates. I am happy to report, that so far so good!


Lucie at the airport - FYI, she did not want this picture taken, but I insisted...


Candice, Lucie, Alex and Melissa are ready to go...


All of the kids from Chateaurenard who went to Germany for this wonderful experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment