Lucie started doing pottery a couple of years ago with Dale Roof, a wonderful woman and fabulous artist who lives in Mt. Pleasant. Lucie loved her time with Dale and wanted to continue developing her pottery skills when we moved to Eygalieres. Luckily, we found Rosevita, a woman who lives and works just right around the corner from our house. Rosevita's style is very Provencal and Lucie has learned new techniques, used differnent clay and enjoyed experimenting under Rosevita's guidance. Lucie spends a couple hours a week at the studio and we are always curious to see what she will bring home next. Some of her pieces have gone to friends and family members before being photographed, but we have captured her most recent work below. Enjoy!
A huge butterfly done with a mixture of clays...it hangs from a rafter in Lucie's room...
Lucie used a mold to make these leaves. I have put in a request for a few more of these pieces so that I can have a complete set for my table...
This is also done with a mixture of clays...
Chickens are a big deal here in Provence...
Lucie said she had lots of fun painting this hen...I love the texture!
These help decorate our living room...
I believe the square bowl is mine! Thank you, Lucie. Tutu
ReplyDeleteI am in awe of Lucie's talent! I never knew this side of her when I worked with her over the past few years, but incredible!!!!! We now share a similar passion in art!
ReplyDelete-Miss Janet
As well they should. Wonderful pieces.
ReplyDelete