Since we are now settled and into a routine in Eygalieres, we decided to make some plans to travel and see some of the sites on our wish list. First up is Paris! We are taking the TGV (fast train) there this Saturday from Avignon for a long weekend! We are staying with my friend, Maria Elena Manzoni, and her family including an almost toddler whom I have never met! Bucky wants to go to Versailles so we plan to do that. We will also do some other site-seeing in the city and hang out with Maria Elena and her family. We head back to Eygalieres on the train next Tuesday!
Our next stop is Athens, Greece! Greece is a place I have always wanted to go and we had a trip planned there for my 40th birthday, but canceled it due to timing and finances. We leave the Saturday after Thanksgiving and are coming home the next Tuesday. We are flying there since it makes most sense time-wise. I made the reservations (with hotel) on expedia.fr so it should be interesting where we end up, but we are just excited to go. We are calling it our Thanksgiving trip since we really won't be doing Thanksgiving.
Cat-lovers out there may be wondering what we are doing with our cats during the next couple of weekends...Well, we found a really nice family in the village who has three daughters (ages 9, 14 and 17) and they are taking care of Baci, Pippi and Licorice while we are away. I hope the kitties behave during our Paris trip so that our new cat-sitters will be keen on taking care of them again when we go to Athens!
We also have a trip planned for February...We are going to Venice for Carnevale to celebrate Lucy's 13th birthday. That is what she wanted to do, so I made the plans (overnight train there and back, cute boutique hotel, etc.) and we head off on February 4th for 5 days. Should be a birthday to remember!
I will keep you posted on our trips and how things go. I am sure we will face interesting challenges and have some unique experiences that we will all say should be blogged about! Bon voyage!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment