Monday, June 14, 2010

Flooding in the Place

Some of you may know, torrential rainstorms hit southern France this week sadly causing disaster and death in certain areas along the Mediterranean. Eygalieres escaped serious damage, but the amount of water that poured from the sky and then swept by our doorstep via the Place Marcel Bonein, was indeed scary! Every time there is a hard rain, we have a small river that flows infront of our gate that leads out to the Place, but this was the worst that it has ever been. Bucky and I dashed out to take pictures from our yard, but were sure to stay clear of the rushing water. The clean-up crews were out the following day, shoveling mud and gravel out from drains and all of the other places it gathered. I can only imagine what the situation is like in other places in Provence that really suffered because of the deluge of rain. Quelle dommage...



The water is flowing by our gate....

1 comment:

  1. That looks terrible. I hope the rain has gone away. I heard about it on the news. Worse yet, France is now officially OUT of the World Cup. They are going home in shame.

    The first thing charlie does when it rains torrentially is go out and run around in it. He loves it. Tell the girls to do it next time. It's very cozy when they come back inside. xx.

    ReplyDelete