I took this picture while on a walk one afternoon...I don't think my girls would be too crazy about me posting pictures of our laundry!
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Simple things
Sometimes the most simple things make me happy. Clean laundry hanging out on the line to dry is one of those things. It is something that I see so rarely in the United States, but it is the norm here in Provence. Practically everyone hangs their laundry out here and the provencal sun makes it dry and fresh and the towels stiff, but it is still a simple pleaure. I hang out our laundry as often as I can, reserving the dryer we bought last winter for rainy days and the towels...I do enjoy a soft towel...just one of those simple things.

I took this picture while on a walk one afternoon...I don't think my girls would be too crazy about me posting pictures of our laundry!
I took this picture while on a walk one afternoon...I don't think my girls would be too crazy about me posting pictures of our laundry!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
As long as you don't take pictures of their greying undies I don't see why they'd mind. It's a lovely photo, Jean. Going to sweden for three weeks at then end of March. I'm excited. Love u.
ReplyDeleteBonjour! I have really enjoyed reading about your adventures. You are providing such a rich, cultural experience for Lucy and Kathleen. Tell them hello and I remember them very well, except they have grown so much. Ron Horne and I retired the same year but we keep in touch and see each other now and again. Leo and I moved to the country. You can read about our adventures at
ReplyDeletehttp://cottageatthecrossroads.com