Friday, July 15, 2011

Quick trip to Lyon

We went to Lyon on Thursday to visit with our dear friends the Defaixs, see their new beautiful home and celebrate Bastille day! Their house is absolutely fabulous (think Palm Springs retro) so Bucky and I spent lots of time oohing and awwing over their new abode. We also celebrated Gilles' birthday with a lovely outdoor lunch and then headed to their friends' home for a Bastille day ball which included lots of food, wine and even dancing! The three girls had fun hanging out and doing each others' nails while the parents visited with each other. It was sad leaving them on Friday morning, but as Bucky said, "they are part of our lives" so we are certain to see them all again soon. We are lucky to have such wonderful friends. A bientot famille Defaix! Bisous!!


Their new view....


A glimpse of the garden...


The girls light the candles for Gilles' cake...


Pablo and his mom...


The happy birthday boy!


The girls before the ball...


The moms...


Since I didn't get any pictures of Lea this trip, I thought I would include these...They were taken when she came to stay with us in Charleston. It was how our friendship with the Defaixs began...


Lucky us.

No comments:

Post a Comment