Yesterday, we decided to do the site-seeing we had planned for the day that we spent in the emergency room after my ankle incident. We went to visit the Museums of Tissus (Fabric) and Decorative Arts, www.musee-des-tissus.com, and while getting our tickets at the counter, the receptionist asked if we wanted to buy tickets to the exposition by Franck Sorbier. I remembered that Emmanuelle had said she had seen it and recommended it so I suggested that we go ahead and do it – what a great decision!
It was really a spectacular display of Haute Couture dresses and designs by Franck Sorbier. The exhibit was set up with a theme for each room, i.e. black (all black gowns), black and white, theatre (costumes he designed for the opera), earth (clothes made with raffia, linen and shells)…you get the idea. Most of the rooms were separated by a black covering on the doorway so each time we entered a another room, we gasped and oohed and aahhed. The clothes were so finely made, and with such attention to detail, that it was mind-boggling to think about how much time and effort went into each piece. There was cool music playing and the lighting was provocative so we really felt like we were part of a runway show. We talked a lot about Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn (from Project Runway for those of you who don’t know) and couldn’t get over how much they would have enjoyed the exhibit.
The girls love to draw and paint and design clothes and I know that they were truly inspired by the experience. Of course, Kathleen expressed a desire to own clothes like the ones we saw and we told her that she should start saving now! Unfortunately, we were not allowed to take pictures so I don’t have any to post, but we certainly have some great memories about our visit and will look even more forward to seeing Project Runway again when we can!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have last night's episode of Project Runway waiting to be watched on my DVR... It's been a good season so far.
ReplyDeleteI am so jealous about the exhibit, i would love to see it! I just saw a movie--Bright Star-- a period piece and the clothes were spectacular. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTetIodauIM missing you all. xxx.