Saturday, September 11, 2010

First day of school

It is hard to believe that it is already time for a new school year! Time certainly does fly when you're having fun, and it may be even more true in Provence! Kathleen and Lucie are attending St. Joseph College this fall, the same school that Lucie went to last year. Kathleen is in 6eme (or 6th grade) and Lucie is in 4eme (8th grade). They take the bus to school and it leaves at 7am so we rise early each morning nowadays! Their day is long because they don't return home until 5:30pm. They do have a couple of breaks during the school day, including an hour and a half at lunch, so they do get some time to just hang out. A good friend of Kathleen's, Caro, is also going to St. Jos and they are in all of the same classes so they have enjoyed starting middle school together. Lucie has a friend of hers in her classes, as well. Lucie has been very generous, showing her sister the ropes of middle school, and Kathleen seems to be adjusting just fine. It is nice to be back in a routine and it is fun to hear them talk about school at dinner...I am glad they have each other because it sures gives this mother some peace of mind! I am so proud of them both - embracing this experience and starting another year at school a la francais!


Kathleen on her first day of 6eme!


Lucie heading to 4eme!

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog this morning. We are thinking about moving to South of France, so I'm trying to learn all I can from others that have gone before us. :) I would love to talk to you about your experiences. Do you have an email?

    You have a beautiful family, btw. It's wonderful to see that they have adjusted so well.

    Thanks!
    Tammy
    jimntamee@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete