Thursday, September 23, 2010

Men and dogs

Men have a definite advantage over women when peeing - they can go outside without much fuss. Here in France, they do just that...any time, any place! The number of men I have seen relieving themselves roadside astounds me...It is constant! If you see a car pulled over on the side of the road, they are most likely doing one of two things...either the driver is talking on the cell phone (side note: it is really impressive how few people talk and drive here!) or the man of the car is taking a leak. They really show no chagrin about whipping it out on the shoulder of the road, in a grocery store parking lot or even on a somewhat-populated side walk! I am totally supportive of going when you gotta go because, as my loved ones know, I am constantly looking for a potty, but the way these Frenchmen pee "en public" you would think that bladder infections were running amok! Maybe I am just jealous that I can't pee any time or any place - that's just for men and dogs! Tant pis!

1 comment:

  1. So true! I've wanted to write a post about this strange behaviour too. There seriously is no shame in it AT ALL! For all the world to see, they don't even bother going behind a bush.
    Bon weekend,
    Aidan

    ReplyDelete