It is still hard to believe that I turned 43 last week, but I did and we had a wonderful time celebrating as a family. We enjoyed a quiet weekend getaway at the charming
Mas d'Aigret in Les Baux de Provence. Les Baux is only about 30 minutes away from our house so the travel time was perfect for the night away, plus the hotel was lovely with rooms built into the rock of the mountain and a private pool nestled in the trees. The weather was foreboding at the onset of our stay (in fact we felt a few rain drops during our outdoor lunch), but the skies cleared later in the afternoon so Bucky and I lounged by the pool while the girls swam. We had dinner that evening in the hotel restaurant and had fun telling stories and laughing together. The next day after breakfast and a walk in the village, we said au revoir to the friendly owners of Mas d'Aigret and headed home after a memorable birthday celebration.

Lucie and Bucky at lunch...

The view of Les Baux from our room...

Kathleen and Lucie before dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment