Bucky thinks I am crazy to be so impressed with his tire-changing skills, but he really saved the day and I was thrilled! It was market day and the car was parked in the village lot because I had to be in St. Etienne de Gres to babysit that morning and getting out of our driveway during the market is a total hassle. When I went up to get in the car, I noticed that one of the tires was totally flat. I quickly called my employer to let her know that I had a car crisis and ran back home to get Bucky. He donned his work gear and jumped into action...The spare tire on our ancient car is tucked up under the bottom of the vehicle and Bucky quickly figured out how to retrieve it. He was afraid that it would be flat, but miraculously it was in great shape, albeit filthy. He referred to the French manual to make sure he was placing the jack correctly and then changed the tire with the speed and grace of a pit crew professional! Voila! With the tire changed, I left for work a very happy wife! Bravo Bucky!

The flat tire (with the only hubcap on the entire car!)...

The spare that Bucky retrieved from under the car...

Finishing the job!
No comments:
Post a Comment