While I do intend to hit the wine country soon, and one day have my own cave, for the last week it's been wine from the InterMarche (French for supermarket.) So, on my first day in France I read up on the Petite Bordeaux wines in my "French Wine for Dummies" book (those that could be consumed in the first few years) and hit the supermarket. I saw none of those referenced in the manual, and instead chose a15 Euro-a-bottle wine... The high-end at Chateau de InterMarche.
Over that last week I've gradually lowered the bar hitting a 2 Euro wine today. While this experiment has been mostly a pleasurable experience, what I have discovered from this endeavor is that 4 Euros is as low as you can go. Wines below this point conjures up a vision of a bad night out with the Ernie & Jullio. I've taken three Advil and now know my threshold.
Bucky
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment