We leave for France tomorrow in the mid-afternoon. We'll spend eight weeks or so in Lyon, then migrate down south to Provence to our house in Eygalieres until the end of August next year. We're are keeping ourselves open as to where we'll go after that, including back to South Carolina.
As many of you know, this trip has been long in the making; with many challenges (including
getting Jean to be serious about the French visa pictures.) We couldn’t have done it without so much help from so many - most of all the kind graces of Jean's parents, Jimmy and Ann, for allowing us to live in their comfortable home these last few months.All of our "lasts" are about done: burger at Poe's, ice cream at Pitt Street, junk Mexican food from Senior Tequila, pad thai from Basil and, of course, fried chicken from the Pig. I'm looking forward to the last margarita for a while later today. We'll miss our great friends and family, trips to the beach, long afternoons by the pool.
Next will be all the "firsts" that we'll share with you on this blog.
Take care. Come visit!
Bucky
Bucky, your writing makes me weep!!! It is with both excitement and melancholy that I say to you all "bon voyage." And I mean melancholy both because we will miss you so much and because in some way I wish it were us (saddens me to think it may never be us). We wish you the best, we wish you much love. We will be thinking of you with every heartbeat. I will follow your blog as though it were my own! I love you all.
ReplyDeletes.