Today we decided to make a day of exploring. We decided to go to a medieval town about 45 minutes from Lyon called Perouges. The adventure was a huge success! Bucky drove while I navigated...It was a bit dicey at first while I got my bearings, but we agreed we were in no hurry so we took it easy and found the right road. Thank God for the round-abouts in France is all I can say! At any rate, we arrived at the town, lucked into a prime parking spot and were off. The place reminded me of an attraction that you would find at DisneyWorld or Epcot because it seemed so perfect, but it was the real thing...an authentic medieval town with turret! The girls were impressed and Bucky was relieved that he had suggested we visit such a cool place. We even went to the town museum! We also had a wonderful lunch at a lovely restaurant...roasted chicken for the girls, beef for Bucky and fish pour moi. The girls enjoyed a chocolate sundae for dessert. Creme brulee was on the menu which made me think of my mom and dad, and I suggested Bucky may enjoy (so I could have a bite!) but he resisted and had a coffee instead. I drove home from Perouges (we are borrowing Emmanuelle's car) and was a bit nervous at first because it has been a while since I have driven a car with stick shift, but I succeeded. Upon our return to Couzon, Bucky and I congratulated each other on the accomplishments of our adventure and a day well spent with our daughters. Quelle vie!

The view from the turret...

The Wall girls on the tower...

A quaint scene in the village...there were many!
What a life it is! So did you not have dessert? :(
ReplyDeleteWow, I've been in Perouges. It was in 1973 driving from Sitges to Cap San Ferrat on the Mediterranean, and then from to Perouges over Route Napoleon. A beautiful drive I remember. We had lunch at the town square, and I remember especially the gutter/sewage/drainage thing in the middle of the narrow, stonelayed streets.
ReplyDeleteHi to you all from all of us.
Hi girlie and so glad you are blogging so busily! Had no idea you guys would be so prolific. What a wonderful way to record your lives. I am in a blog slump, unfortunately.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely town. Beats Epcot anyday, eh?
xxx.