Sunday, August 23, 2009

Our apartment in Croix-Rousse

Welcome to our new home. We have left Chateau Defaix and are now in our little apartment in the city of Lyon. We are in the Croix-Rousse neighborhood which is quiet, family-oriented and somewhat funky. Enjoy the tour...

The front door that enters into the garden...


The living room...

Kitchen...

With a cool contraption that is half oven/half dishwasher! Obviously, we will be doing lots of handwashing of dishes and we will not be roasting any turkeys!


The "master" bedroom...


The girls room...
The garden...

Where we will eat outside...

And the piece de resistance, the cabana...


It is a separate little room where the girls can play and also do school work!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jean. I am a friend of Kari Kim and she gave me your blog address. You and I spoke on the phone a while back about the home organizing business. Anyway--I will love reading your blog as I am quite a Francophile. I taught French for a long time and have lived in France for two years--one in Montpellier and the other in Lyon. I am quite a fan. So your blog makes me very nostalgic, but hopefully I can live somewhat vicariously th/ your family's experiences. I really hope to do something similar with my family one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new digs! Guess you'll enjoy looking at your fair reflection(s!) as you wash those dishes! Your master bedroom seems dinky. Missing you. xx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the note and the feedback! I checked out your blog too and it looks great! We are having a wonderful time so far and I hope you enjoy following our adventures.

    ReplyDelete